Need a Temporary Office? Try a Container!
With many people throughout the country still working from home at least part time, the need for office space on the home front is still on the rise. If you don’t have an extra room in your home, such as a guest room or finished basement, it can be tough getting any work done in a corner of your living room or at the kitchen table.
Have you thought of buying or renting a storage container as a temporary office? This is a creative solution that allows you to be separate from the rest of the home so you can have the privacy and quiet you need. Storage containers are easy and cost effective to set up and maintain.
You may want to incorporate a few modifications so you can get all the creature comforts of a real office without the hassle and upkeep.
Benefits of Shipping Containers as Temporary Offices
Check out these many reasons why storage containers make great offices, no matter what line of work you’re in.
Shipping containers are…
- Mobile. You could pick up and move the container whenever you want with very little hassle. This mobility comes in handy especially if you are a project manager, construction foreman, real estate agent, architect, regional sales manager or any other professional who doesn’t stay rooted for very long. Plus, you can plop down a container office virtually anywhere on your property, such as the back yard. Even the terrain or grade can be modified to accommodate the unit.
- Strong. Containers are made to withstand the harsh conditions of the ocean, so it stands to reason that they would do equally well on land. And due to this weather resiliency, your expensive office supplies such as printers and laptops, as well as important documents, will remain safe and away from the elements. Plus, they will be secure against intruders
- Stackable. If you need more space, such as to accommodate other office mates into an office pod, you can stack a few containers and make a multi-story structure.
- Roomy. You’ve got enough room in one container to make a standard office, including all the things you need such as decks, chairs, shelves, printers and computers.
- Customizable. It’s easy to add on extra features to your office that weren’t included in the original unit, such as choosing custom flooring, lighting systems, doors, and an AC system.
- Affordable. It’s far cheaper to purchase a shipping container to use as your office than it is to build on a permanent addition to your home or a standalone structure.
Possible Modifications to Choose From
Here are some modifications that could make your temporary office more secure, functional and comfortable:
- Windows and doors
- HVAC systems
- Wiring, electrical and lighting for Internet, lights and phone
- Coat of interior paint
- Steps and ramps
The modifications you choose will depend on the kind of business you have. But in the end, a storage container as an office provides a creative solution to a temporary problem.
To get a free estimate on our storage containers for temporary offices, contact us at 866-549-9823.