Benefits of Using a Shipping Container For Your Retail Store
So, you’re an entrepreneur looking to break out on your own, huh? Congratulations on embracing a new career of launching a retail store business. But you’re young, you’re new to the biz, and you don’t have much money to spend on renting a large space. This is a great reason to use a shipping container for your retail shop instead.
The business landscape is much more flexible than it was even 10, 20 years ago. You now have the power of social media to gain a loyal following so you don’t have to rely on foot traffic to get business. This is a challenge that traditional store fronts have. Not only are they spending a ton of money on lease or rent, they are forced to lure people in from the streets to see their products.
But you are different. You’re relying on word of mouth and social platforms to drum up business so people come to you! Or rather, they come to your shopping container-turned-retail shop.
Whether you plan to sell clothing, sunglasses, shoes, or coffee — or you plan to open a yoga studio or bicycle repair shop — a shipping container gives you the freedom and flexibility to be your own person and do things a little bit differently.
Reasons to Use a Shipping Container For Your Retail Shop
From modifications and customizations to fast delivery and security, there are many advantages to buying a shipping container to house your retail shop of any kind.
- You don’t have to worry about paying monthly rent: You may have to pay for a permit to place your shop on a street, or at a festival or fair, but at least you don’t have to pay exorbitant monthly rent in one immobile spot. Your out of pocket costs include the price of the container, as well as any renovation expenses and inventory.
- Your shop can be portable: If you’ve always wanted to travel and earn cash at the same time, this is a double win for you. With a shipping container, you get the portability and freedom you crave while also making a living at something you love. Bored with the current location? Rent a flatbed, pick it up, and move it!
- It’s safe and secure: A traditional storefront shop can be vulnerable to burglars, but a shipping container can be locked up tight as a stand-alone unit, resulting in a safe and secure shop after hours. By making upgrades and adding after-market block locks and deadbolts, you can rest assured your inventory will remain safe.
- It can be constructed fast: You can choose from 20’ or 40’ of space, have it customized with shelving and counter tops, and more, with the finished product able to be delivered in just a couple of weeks. From a coat of paint to built-in shelving, it’s easy to get your container ready to open up your doors almost immediately.
- You can make customizable modifications: There’s no limit to your retail shop’s possibilities as it pertains to modifications and upgrades. You can add restrooms, electrical wiring, sliding glass doors, fans, HVAC systems, industrial racking, hanging shelving, carpet, insulation, and so much more.
- Your shop remains durable and weather resistant: Shipping containers are constructed from durable steel so your shop will remain protected against heavy foot traffic, possible vandalism, and harsh weather conditions such as rain, sleet and wind.
- You’ll be a unique presence: Today’s market is so oversaturated with the same things, it’s hard to stand out from the pack. A shipping container retail shop can reinforce your brand, help you get noticed by your target audience, and add a unique presence to the community.
See? There are lots of benefits that come with repurposing a shipping container to turn it into the business you have always wanted but could never afford. We can help you get started on that dream.
Here at Drybox, we cater to many customers who are looking to get a leg up on the competition, using shipping containers as business models to fuel their entrepreneurial spirit. To get a free quote on one of our new or used containers for use as a retail store, please contact us toll free at 866-549-9823. We offer many modifications for you to truly enhance the unique look and feel of your business.